Monday, August 25, 2008

Party Food..?


I wanted to add on to my last blog about Megan's birthday party, focus more on the actual food...when I have a cocktail party I like to have a bunch of small bites. Things that are easy for people to eat & a good combination of foods, here are some pictures from a few different cocktail parties I had these past few months...

I always like to have a few different carbs on the table...for one- people are drinking & two- most likely if you have a cocktail party your guest will have not had dinner before hand..depending on the time of course, so its nice to have food with substance!

I love to make salads for parties like the black bean salad pictured here. its great because they can be made ahead of time & you wont have a million things in the oven or trying to stay warm before everyone arrives....for small parties like these I usually do a lot of cold items or salads with one or two warm or baked item-such as baked brie....





No comments: