Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Simply Breakfast


My favorite meal of the day is breakfast, I like simple & healthy although there are days when I crave something greasy & cheesy! Today was an egg white omlet with spinach, feta & olives...greek style. I am a lover of cheese, but we all know its also a lover to our wastlines! Feta is very low in fat and even offers a low fat version, it has a lot less calories per serving than many of our favorite cheeses, another great attribute- it naturally has a salty flavor so you dont need to add more salt! Olives add great flavor with very little calories but do have a lot of sodium, beacuse I used the feta- I bought low sodium olives to balance out the flavor. I added some spinach for health reasons more than anything-I love spinach but it doesnt have a huge amount of flavor, what it does have is a large amount of vitamins A & C and packs a good amount of Iron in each serving. This is easy to make, delicious & healthy!

No comments: