Wednesday, August 13, 2008

California Turkey Burger

I love steak...but I am a very healthy eater and try not to eat red meat too much! One of the substitutes I have been using a lot lately is Turkey...its great for burgers & makes awesome stuffed peppers. You can buy ground turkey meat at the grocery, I suggest getting the regular ground meat not the ground breast- this has very little to no fat & wont have as much flavor, buying just the ground meat has some fat but is still a lot better than eating red meat.You can use this for spaghetti sauce, tacos, Shepard's pie ( an alternative version!) & of course burgers. This is the recipe that I used for mine enjoy!

California Turkey Burger
1# Ground Turkey Meat
Kosher Salt & Ground Black Pepper
Kieser Rolls

Toppings-
Sliced Avocado
Bib Lettuce
Sliced Beefsteak Tomatoes
Sliced Pineapple
lime ( I like to sqeeze the juice on the avocado once its cut, it prevents the avocado from turning brown & adds more flavor!)


I like to top mine off with ranch dressing...just my preference! Season the meat with salt & pepper- if your not sure if you have seasoned enough, take a small piece to cook off and taste. Slice up all your toppings and arrange how you like!























No comments: